Friday, February 1, 2013

Mantel Decorating


I would love to have a real fireplace mantel. I have always wanted a fireplace. My sweet husband bought me an electric fireplace. It is pretty close to the real thing without the mess and having to cut wood. I think it is pretty, and it is the size of a real mantel - so I'm satisfied for now.
 
I love to decorate my mantel for special occasions and holidays, so I decided it was time for a little Valentine's Day decorating. I usually do a wreath on the front door and decorate my mantel. This year I decided to just look around the house for some things to use.

 
I have a small collection of teapots, and this red and white one was a gift from my father-in-law.
I love the vintage look and the colors worked great for Valentine's Day.
The teddy bear belongs to my youngest daughter.
It reminds me of all those stuffed animals given on this occasion.
 
 
 
This book was a treasure I found discarded at our local library.
I thought a book on roses would be appropriate for V-Day. The book is titled,
"The Complete Book of 169 Redoute' Roses," by Frank Anderson.
It is a book full of botanical illustrations
done by Pierre-Joseph Redoute' (1759-1841).
 
 
This is the other half of my mantel, another teapot, another borrowed stuffed animal, (my Hannah loves sock monkeys), and more roses. I thought the mantel turned out pretty nice considering I spent no money at all.
 
My favorite scripture to remember during this month is
1 Corinthians Chapter 13
Verse 13 says...
"And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three;
but the greatest of these is charity."
 

 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment