Saturday, June 22, 2013

All Natural Cleaners

One of my goals for this summer was to make my own all natural home cleaning products. You can find a lot of recipes on Pinterest as well as many blogs. I tried to find some that had ingredients that would be easy to find, and inexpensive. I found that it is really affordable and easy to make your own cleaning products, and it gives me peace of mind to know that these products are safer to use. I have also found that these homemade cleansers work just as well as the more expensive name brands.
 
I decided to make some cleansers that I used most often...
all purpose spray, glass cleaner, and dishwasher detergent.

 
Two of the key ingredients is Borax and Washing Soda
 
 
 
POWDER DISHWASHER DETERGENT:
1/2 c. Borax, 1/2 c. Washing Soda, 1/4 c. Citric Acid (found in the canning section)
Mix well and use 1-3 teaspoons per load. I use white vinegar for my rinsing agent.
 
ALL PURPOSE SPRAY:
1/2 tsp. liquid Castille soap (I used Dawn liquid detergent), 1 tsp. Borax, 1 tsp Washing Soda,
1/2 c. white vinegar, 2 c. hot water, 25-30 drops of essential oil (optional - I used fragrance oil), and a 24 oz. spray bottle.
Mix the soap, Borax, washing soda, and vinegar in a large bowl. Slowly add the water and stir. Allow to cool and add essential oils. Pour into a spray bottle and label.
To use, simply spray down the area and wipe dry.
 
 
GLASS CLEANER:
2 c. water, 1/4 c. white vinegar, 1/4 c. rubbing alcohol, 1 tsp. lemon juice, 1 Tbsp. corn starch, 5 drops essential oil (optional)
 
Mix well and shake before using. This really works well to clean mirrors and glass, and it is very economical to make.
 
I hope you give these recipe mixes a try and see how easy it is to make these products for yourself, and feel safer in the process.

 

 
 
 
 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment