Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Creative Whimsy

I love to go treasure seeking in thrift stores, antique shops and the Goodwill. I also love owls, so I scored one day when I found this cute owl. I'm not exactly sure what it is. It looks like maybe a napkin holder, but I loved the stain glass look of the colors, and the graphic nature of the owl, so I bought it.

Isn't he cute!
 
 
I keep him in my kitchen window so that the light will shine through the colors. One day I had the idea to draw him. I wanted to have some "me time." I need this time when you are home all day with three children homeschooling, cleaning, cooking, LAUNDRY!!- So I drew him on watercolor paper with the intent to paint it.

You can see that I decided to color him instead. I used my cheap colored pencils (one day I will have a nice set for craft projects).
 
 
My "me time" has to be broken up into small time slots, so this took several settings before I finished him, but I like it.
 
Isn't he the cutest thing.
Here's a close up...
 
Sometimes we just need to do something, just for the sake of being creative. I really enjoyed creating this little guy. I think that I will fame it and hang it somewhere. He makes me smile.
 
 
 


1 comment: