Thursday, January 17, 2013

Good Food

I love one dish meals. It's so easy and delicious.
The weather around my house has been so rainy and cold, that I have been wanting to make a hot pot of something. I made some tacos for supper the other night and used venison as the ground meat. I had some left, so I decided to turn it into chili beans for last nights supper. All I needed was canned beans, diced tomatoes, and chili seasoning.

Any brand will do
 
I just warmed the meat in a soup pot, added these ingredients, and got it to boiling. I turned down the heat to a simmer and covered it.
 
 
 
 
Next, I decided to make a salad. My husband and I have been trying to eat a salad every night with supper. I now really love salad. I usually used Romaine lettuce, tomatoes, onions, and one small Gala apple diced up. Sometimes I add more vegetables if they are in season. I love garlic and herb dressing on this salad. It has a sweet and sour taste with the apples - Ummm!
 
 
You can't have chili beans without good old cornbread. So, that was next on my menu. I just buy a bag of cornmeal, and follow the directions on back of the bag. I am trying to lose weight, so just one piece for me, but boy was it good!
 
 
You should try this quick and easy meal sometime when you have leftover ground meat. It cooks up quickly, and is so good.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment